Sunday, February 7, 2010

perseverence

Perseverance.....
to stick with something,
to not give up,
to hold on all the way through,
to hang in there.
Today I need to remember to persevere.
It is so hard sometimes.
In Sunday School, part of our lesson was on perseverance.
Probably just for me - I am the one that needs it I think.
We talked about keeping with something - being committed to it.
The hardest part maybe is the hump in the middle.
When you've gotten through a lot of it, but there is a lot to go.
The end really isn't in sight yet.
So many areas of my life feel like that right now.
I have put in a lot of time and effort.........

but there is a lot more to do.
I know I can't give up, but to tell the truth,

I feel like it sometimes.
My mom always says that I get in this funk in the middle of winter
(which by the way is one of the 'humps')
I guess I do, which should give me hope,

since I always get through it...
Spring really does come!!!!
But now it ISN"T spring -
There are other struggles besides spring though
I am discouraged today over homeschooling.
It just feels like some things are so hard in coming,
like we're running in place.
I need to see progress is being made.
but then.......
I look more closely and there it is
progress!!
I sometimes focus on one area, or some struggle
and forget to look at all the other areas
To see the big picture
(and the big picture holds way more than academics)
Just writing this out has helped
I am reminded why I do this all in the first place,
and that fills me with peace.
I AM where I need to be and want to be
I CAN persevere
I love the work of the Holy Spirit
I love the feel of HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment