Saturday, January 9, 2010

this good day

The sun is steaming in the windows! It is beautiful out. It was -1 this morning when we woke up, but that didn't stop Steve and Tom from leaving before 7:00 to get out on the lake and drill their holes and drop their lines. I haven't heard from them yet, so don't know how the fishing is going. They went to an inland lake today, haven't been having the best of luck out on the big lake...We'll see if we have fish for dinner or not.
I am so glad it is the weekend. We actually had a really good week of school this week, but it is nice to have a day to catch up on all the other things.
(later)
The guys came home with 2 northern pike and a few panfish, so it was a good day! A fish dinner is in our future now!
Hallie Ann was supposed to work today but was called this afternoon and told they didn't need her - gift to me!! We spent a fun day together. What would I do without that girl (young woman I guess) in my life!
What a nice day this has been. Tommy with his fishing partner/dad...my sweet daughter and me. Sometimes I think God gives us these perfect days as precious gifts to enjoy and savor. So many days are full of stress and busy-ness. Not enough time to get everything done. It is so good to have one that just goes right. Everyone is content at the end of it. All I can do is sigh contentedly. Who knows when the next one will be...but I have enjoyed this one!
Steph and Mark are over now too. Perfect way to cap off a day given to us by God! I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment