Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God's song of love...


There is a verse in Zephaniah....verse 3:17....that says "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you.  He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Wow.
My God rejoices over me with singing.
He quiets me with His love.  
He delights in me.
He is with me.
I can't even say how much this means to me right now
Every family goes through hard times and pain
It isn't new or really unexpected...
but when it comes it still takes us off guard.
We are going through some things right now 
that have us holding on to each other and
more importantly to God.
It is such a wonder to be reminded 
of His love and presence and delight.
To be assured that He is singing over us.
When my kids were little....(and even now sometimes),
I sang to them every night and anytime they wanted me to.
I made up a little song when Mark was a baby
and sang it to each of them - every night.
It was a way I could assure them of my love
It was a time of closeness and warmth
If they thought I might forget (which I wouldn't) -
they reminded me.
I have sung it to them by their beds...
in the rocking chair...
in the light of a campfire...
in a letter...
over the phone...
in an email...
in a whisper..
in a soft clear voice.
I sang over them in love and rejoicing.
Now here in God's Holy word
is the assurance that He is singing over us.
He is whispering in our ears the soft song of love
He is wrapping us in His arms
and assuring us that He is in control and He is with us.
He wants our anxious hearts to be quieted...
to rest in Him.
Just as my little ones relaxed and gave up the cares of the day
when they heard my song of love,
God wants the same from me -
trust and peace and comfort.
Oh How I love Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment