Saturday, November 21, 2009

all who are weary...come

Nov. 21, 2009

It is quiet in my house......
except for the sound of my typing
and the computer's motor humming
It is the middle of the night and I can't sleep
there are kids sleeping in the livingroom on the floor
there are a couple of grown 'kids' sleeping upstairs
Steve is sleeping in the next room....
but I am awake, resting in the quiet.
In a few hours it will be different
Steve and Mark will be up before dawn to don their blaze orange
and head for the woods...opening deer season
Soon after, Tommy and John (his buddy) and Megan (John's sister) will stir and begin the never-ending noise of kids at play
Hallie Ann will probably head up to join Steph,
trying to catch a couple more winks
Morning will be here - quiet will be gone
but for now, the quiet is all mine
Sometimes the night hours can seem so long
I get frustrated with the inability to sleep
but tonight I feel restful anyway.
probably because the day was hectic
the peace and quiet are comforting right now.
I need to remember that in the noise and the busyness of the day
there is always a quiet peace waiting for me in the arms of God
He is my rest
He is my peace
He is my quiet
but I have to seek that, to put myself there with Him, In His peace
"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest" - Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment